By nature of being a fellow member the applicant is qualified to be a chartered director
- That has a minimum of 10 years Directorship experience in reputable organization’s and have sustained their IoD membership for not less than 5 years, with an unblemished character.
- Must have completed the Company Direction Course
- Unblemished character
- For consideration, a member should have been a Director of a reputable organization for not less than 10 years.
- Have been full Member of IoD for at least five years
- Must be financially up to date in subscription payment for not less than five years.
- Be an active member of the Institute i.e. Attends training and events of the Institute
- Application must be recommended by another Fellow Member of the Institute.
- Must be or have been a member of at least one committee of the Institute and supports the activities of the Institute.
Benefits of Fellow Member
- This is a prestigious membership category
- Unlimited 24/7 access to IoD content and resource centre (New)
- Access to regular social and networking functions with other company directors and executives on topical corporate governance issues.
- 20 % discount on IoD Individual Director’s Liability Insurance (New)
- 10 % discount on director development programmes, CPDs board inductions and evaluations.
- Subscription to Zim Director magazine
- Monthly Online newsletters (New)
- Eligible to contribute to the Institutes Publications
- Eligible to mentor all categories of IoD Membership. (New)
- Profiled in IoD publications.
- Attends one annual Top Leadership cocktail (New)
- Access to IoD UK Director Facilities
- Access to IoD communities such as WhatsApp groups
- Access to the ACGN Director Facilities in all member countries.
Any member with appropriate experience may apply for fellowship after being an Ordinary Member for three years.