By nature of being an associate member the applicant is qualified to be a future director
An applicant must be over 21 years and be:
- A sole proprietor of an unincorporated business.
- A senior executive of a national company reporting directly to a board member for a minimum of two years.
- A senior executive in an education or health authority or other public body of similar standing for a minimum of two years.
- A company director or partner in a professional practice or have a profession and be working in industry or commerce of less than three years.
- OR/ AND In addition to the above, the applicant must have attended Company Direction Course I.
- Members who are admitted into this grade will go through IoD Company Direction Course II, be active financial member and must be active participants at Institute’s programmes within the period of three years of their associate membership to qualify for upgrade to full membership.
- N.B. Associate members have no voting rights.
Benefits for Associate Member
- Unlimited 24/7 access to IoD content and resource centre. (New)
- Access to regular social and networking functions with other company directors and executives on topical corporate governance issues.
- Access to IoD communities such as WhatsApp groups.
- Subscription to Zim Director magazine
- Monthly Online newsletters
- 10% discount for cash purchases worth +100us at Truworths and 5% discount for any credit purchases.
- Discounts for Future Director Training
- 10 % discount on director development programmes
- Has No voting rights